Just like in running any types of business, the customers are your top priority. It is important to always keep them happy and satisfied. Gaining lots of customers for your e-commerce business should not be your end goal. You should continuously make efforts to keep them satisfied with your products and services so you do not lose them especially not with your competitors.
In this article, we will share some guidelines on best practices for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Publish new content regularly – first of all, you should make sure to post new content regularly whether articles, photos, videos or others. It is important to have fresh content at least once a week so customers know that you are updating the site and also so they can look forward to reading new materials. Posting new content will also bring new traffic to your site so it’s a chance to gain even more customers which is of course great for your business.
- Make sure to choose best website hosting service – it is important to choose the best website hosting service for your website to ensure that your site is always up and running. It may cause panic and hesitations for customers when they see that the website is down especially when they have pending orders. Also, it is important to check the bandwidth usage so you can upgrade if needed.
- Provide high quality customer support – it is advisable to offer multiple options for customers to reach you. You should provide phone number that they can call, email address if they prefer sending emails and chat button on your site so they can reach you via chat. You should show to them that they are your most top priority. Online shoppers are surely meticulous and they want to feel secured that you are reachable at all times. Well, make sure to respond within 24-hour period so they know that you receive the enquiries.
- Launch promotions and discounts – next, you should keep your customers satisfied and excited via promotions and discounts. Online users just love promos no matter how small or big. You can offer discounts, promos like free shipping fee, buy 1 take 1 or maybe offer freebies every time they spend certain amount. These things will definitely make your customers happy and will even help improve your sales.
- Take time to consider customers’ suggestions and comments – lastly, it is best to find time to reach out to your customers and get their comments and suggestions whether with specific products or overall services. Then, if you find the suggestions reasonable then why not do it. Customers appreciate being heard most especially knowing that you care about what they think. You will be able to find helpful things to improve your business by listening to customers’ suggestions and comments.
To succeed in your business, make sure that you take good care of your customers. Follow the tips that we discussed here to keep your customers happy, satisfied and loyal to you.